Zen-Bio Koi Pond maintenance
Maintaining pond can be a daunting experience to most of the new pond owner as many newbies still yet to have the right understanding of pond water characteristic and fish keeping know-how. Zen-Bio Pond is specially designed to allow more time for an owner to enjoy their pond instead. Reading this section, you will be surely able to have an enjoyable and relaxing moment of owning Zen-bio pond like many of our customers.
Understanding Water Condition:
- The common misconception among pond owner is that “dirty” water needs to be drained out entirely for proper cleaning. Healthy pond water needs to fill with good micro-organisms and bacteria to break down the harmful substances, such as ammonia and nitrites caused by overfeeding and fish waste.
- In contrast to many misconceptions, right amounts of algae in ponds are beneficial for fishes as a nutritious snack food and to help the pond ecosystem.
- As for Konzept Zen-Bio Pond owner, our filter system comes with UV- steriliser for lasting water conditioning. The whole system can prevent exhausting maintenance so that the owner can have more time to enjoy the pond.
- After some time, the pond will have built up a healthy amount of natural bacteria population, and uncontrol water amount change will remove the inhibited bacteria and upset bio-filtration to function well.
Simple Zen Bio-Pond maintenance:
- To prevent frequent water changing process, the owner can always do simple manual skimming on floating debris likes leaves, sticks, twigs, dead insects or larvae by using a fishnet.
- Pond owner needs to carry out filter “backflush” occasionally to ensure proper maintenance of clean water. Dot not flush more than 15% of the pond water and refill with dechlorinate water only. The filter “backflush” procedure is subject to the needs of the pond.
- In the situation that the owner wanted to change their pond water, refrain from removing more than 1/3 of the pond water. Only schedule your pond water change if you are overfeeding your fish, water turn dirty & doesn’t seem healthy for the fish. Carry out dechlorinate water process before adding back the freshwater into the pond.
Diagram 1.0 illustrated the correct amount of pond water change.
- Remember to keep the water pump and filter running at all time. Uncirculated water will cause harmful algae and bacteria to grow faster; these will cause filter clogging and water to turn green. Please contact us immediately for further advice and service.
- For Bio-pond without any fishes may choose to add chlorine for more lasting clear water and to prevent algae growth.
WARNING: Do NOT flush all the water from the pond, doing so may cause a “Boating effect”.
Diagram 2.0 showing the “Boating” effect of Empty Pond with water underneath.
Here is Do’s and Don’ts on all type Konzept Garden Ponds;
Konzept Garden reserves the right, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms and Conditions of use with no other further notices provided of each product selling by Konzept Garden.
- Please note that there will be no refund or exchange issued under any circumstance on fish and plants after the item(s) is sold. The Plant(s) and Fish(es) are not under warranty by Konzept Garden after the item(s) are sold successfully.
- Prior to all Type Pond and Pond sizes selling by Konzept Garden (Zen Bio Koi Pond, Zen Bio Natural Koi Pond, Himalaya Rock Fish Pond, Himalaya Custom Rock Fish Pond, and Magic Garden Fish Pond) here is the term and condition of the product;
- Support is provided for all types of Ponds (as details point ‘2’ provided above) on Working Hour (exclude public holiday) and a schedule will be in place within days (to provide by Konzept Garden Team) to help accommodate to arrange a site visit (klang valley only).
- Please note that there will be no refund or exchange issued under any circumstance on fish and plants after the item(s) is sold. The Plant(s) and Fish(es) are not under warranty by Konzept Garden after the item(s) is sold successfully.
- For all Konzept Garden Pond(as details point ‘2’ provided above) are not allowed to add additional Sand (for any type of sand) or Rock inside the pond. Konzept Garden have designed a system that fits perfectly for all Ponds (as details point ‘2’ provided above). With any changes of product provided by Konzept Garden, this will consider as warranty void.
- Cleaning Process will be taught and explain by Konzept Garden Team. If the process of cleaning is not been followed properly by the customer for any broken or faulty of equipment will not be replaced by Konzept Garden, even if customer Pond(s) is still under warranty.
- Customer will be advised and guide on how to clean the dry leaf, as this process will undertake often to prevent the pump from being stuck.
Customer is allowed to add water plant (depends on the sizes) inside the pond but must with a pot. Please seek for Konzept Garden Team advise on the plants to avoid any faulty or broken of the product.